The major CALLing event this year will be the WorldCALL conference. WorldCALL is the worldwide professional association for teachers and educators interested in Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL).
The conference papers and presentations will follow the following threads:
The next Eurocall conference will take place in Hungary this year, between 3-6 September. The leading topic will be CALL: New competencies and social spaces. You can see the information about this annual event at http://www.asszisztencia.hu/eurocall/
One of the most important events for teachers from all over the world is the Internet conference English Village On line sponsored by TESOL. It takes place every year in February. January is the month to register.
This is an updated useful biblography of most outstanding books on Computer Assisted Language Learning:
EUROCALL is the European Association for Computer Assisted Language Learning which hosts an annual conference, regional workshops and a discussion forum. On its site you can find online articles from its journal, ReCALL, Special Interest Groups (SIG’s), links to resources and news.
- WorldCALL is a worldwide grouping of CALL associations, such as EUROCALL, CALICO and IALLT. It also offers information on CALL conferences.
- CALICO: Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium This is a well-established association specialising in the application of technology to language learning. Articles from the CALICO journal are available online. There is also a useful software review.
- IALLT International Association for Language Learning Technology Selected articles from the IALL Journal of Language Learning Technologies are available online.
- CALL_EJ Online The online journal of JALT, the Japan Association for Language Teaching. There is an online archive from 1999 to the present day.
- Language Learning and Technology, University of Hawaii An online journal for second and foreign language educators. Online articles, archives and reviews.
- CASLT The Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers Interesting articles on technology and second language teaching. Online articles and news.
- NFLRC National Foreign Language Resource Centre, University of Hawaii New Technologies and Language Learning online publication and case studies. Focus on less-taught languages.
- Language Learning Technology International Discussion forum Dartmouth College, New Hampshire. A discussion forum on many issues relating to language learning and technology.